- Tax payers with an aggregate turnover in a financial year upto [Rs.20 lakhs & Rs.10 Lakhs for NE and special category states] would be exempt from taking registration under GST.
- Further, a person whose aggregate turnover in the preceding financial year is less than Rs.1 Crore (75 lakhs for 9 special category states viz 1. Arunachal Pradesh, 2. Assam, 3. Manipur, 4. Meghalaya, 5. Mizoram, 6. Nagaland, 7. Sikkim, 8. Tripura, and 9. Himachal Pradesh) can opt for a simplified composition scheme where tax will payable at a concessional rate on the turnover in a state.
- Aggregate turnover shall include the aggregate value of all taxable supplies, exempt supplies and exports of goods and/or services and exclude taxes viz. GST.
- Aggregate turnover shall be computed on all India basis.
- For NE States and special category states, the exemption threshold shall be [Rs. 10 lakhs].
- All taxpayers eligible for threshold exemption will have the option of paying tax with input tax credit (ITC) benefits.
- Tax payers making inter-State supplies of goods or paying tax on reverse charge basis shall not be eligible for threshold exemption.
987 total views, 3 views today
Please follow and like us: