- Capital market is a market where buyers and sellers engage in trade of financial securities like bonds, stocks, etc.
- The buying/selling is undertaken by participants such as individuals and institutions.
- Capital markets help channelise surplus funds from savers to institutions which then invest them into productive use.
- Generally, this market trades mostly in long-term securities.
- Capital market consists of primary markets and secondary markets.
- Primary markets deal with trade of new issues of stocks and other securities, whereas secondary market deals with the exchange of existing or previously-issued securities.
- Another important division in the capital market is made on the basis of the nature of security traded, i.e. stock market and bond market.
FOR MORE DETAIL NOTES in This Topic… JUST STAY CONNECTED
For Videos Join us on Youtube-
785 total views, 4 views today
Please follow and like us: