- Instructional System Development model was made to answer the training problems.
- This model is widely used now a day in the organization because it is concerned with the training need on the job performance.
- Training objectives are defined on the basis of job responsibilities and job description and on the basis of the defined objectives individual progress is measured.
- This model also helps in determining and developing the favorable strategies, sequencing the content, and delivering media for the types of training objectives to be achieved.
- It can also be explain by ADDIE Model
- The Instructional System Development model comprises of five stages:
This phase consist of training need assessment, job analysis, and target audience analysis.
This phase consist of setting goal of the learning outcome, instructional objectives that measures behavior of a participant after the training, types of training material,media selection, methods of evaluating the trainee, trainer and the training program, strategies to impart knowledge i.e., selection of content, sequencing of content, etc.
This phase translates design decisions into training material. It consists of developing course material for the trainer including handouts, workbooks, visual aids, demonstration props, etc. course material for the trainee including handouts of summary.
This phase focuses on logistical arrangements, such as arranging speakers, equipment’s, benches, podium, food facilities, cooling, lighting, parking, and other training accessories.
The purpose of this phase is to make sure that the training program has achieved its aim in terms of subsequent work performance. This phase consists of identifying strengths and weaknesses and making necessary amendments to any of the previous stage in order to remedy or improve failure practices.
The ISD model is a continuous process that lasts throughout the training program. It also highlights that feedback is an important phase throughout the entire training program. In this model, the output of one phase is an input to the next phase.
437 total views, 7 views today