- these winds develop as a consequence of the differential heating of the land and sea surfaces.
- During the day, the land heats up faster and become warmer than the water off shore.
- Because of this a low pressure area is created over the land surface and relatively high pressure area on sea surface.
- This causes wind to blow from sea towards the land. This is called sea breeze.
- On contrary during night, the land loses its heat relatively faster than the sea, hence a breeze starts flowing from land towards the sea surface. This is called land breeze.
- These winds are periodic winds and regulate the temperature in coastal areas. The sea breeze has a soothing effect on the weather and increases the efficiency of the people.
- These winds are more pronounced in tropical and sub-tropical latitudes as differential heating is more here.
705 total views, 4 views today
Please follow and like us: