Off the job training
- Off the job training methods are those in which training is provided away from the actual working condition.
- It is generally used in case of new employees.
- Instances of off the job training methods are workshops, seminars, conferences, etc.
- Such method is costly and is effective if and only if large number of employees have to be trained within a short time period.
- Off the job training is also called as vestibule training, i.e., the employees are trained in a separate area( may be a hall, entrance, reception area, etc. known as a vestibule) where the actual working conditions are duplicated.
Advantages of Off-the-Job Training
- Trainers are usually experienced enough to train
- It is systematically organized
- Efficiently created programs may add lot of value
Disadvantages of Off-the-Job Training
- It is not directly in the context of job
- It is often formal
- It is not based on experience
- It is least expensive
- Trainees may not be highly motivated
- It is more artificial in nature
659 total views, 2 views today
Please follow and like us: