On the job training
- On the job training methods are those which are given to the employees within the everyday working of a concern.
- It is a simple and cost-effective training method.
- The in-proficient as well as semi- proficient employees can be well trained by using such training method.
- The employees are trained in actual working scenario.
- The motto of such training is “learning by doing.”
- Instances of such on-job training methods are job-rotation, coaching, temporary promotions, etc.
Advantages of On-the-Job Training
- It is directly in the context of job.
- It is often informal.
- It is most effective because it is learning by experience.
- It is least expensive.
- Trainees are highly motivated.
- It is free from artificial classroom situations.
Disadvantages of On-the-Job Training
- Trainer may not be experienced enough to train.
- It is not systematically organized.
- Poorly conducted programs may create safety hazards.
418 total views, 3 views today