Other than appellate remedy , is there any other recourse available to the taxpayer against a summary assessment order?

  • A taxable person against whom a summary assessment order has been passed can apply for its withdrawal to the jurisdictional Additional/Joint Commissioner within thirty days of the date of receipt of the order.
  • If the said officer finds the order erroneous, he can withdraw it and direct the proper officer to carry out determination of tax liability in terms of section 7 3 or 74 of CGST/SGST Act.
  • The Additional/Joint Commissioner can follow a similar course of action on his own motion if he finds the summary assessment order to be erroneous (section 64 of CGST/SGST Act).

409 total views, 2 views today

Please follow and like us:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!