- Pollutants are substances that pollute the environment, especially gases from vehicles and poisonous chemicals produced as waste by industrial processes.
- Non-degradable pollutants move from one trophic level to another in an ecosystem.
- Non-degradable pollutants mean those which cannot be decomposed by living organisms.
- Example – Chlorinated Hydrocarbons (CHC), Diclofenac.
- Chlorinated Hydrocarbons or Organochloride or CHC are hydrocarbons whose some or most hydrogen atoms have been replaced by chlorine atoms. E.g. DDT, endosulfan etc.).
- A variety of simple chlorinated hydrocarbons including dichloromethane, chloroform, and carbon tetrachloride.
Complete your Full Environment Preparation with Us with quality knowledge as education is everyone’s right. Also complete full NCERT and UPSC-IAS Preparation . Must SHARE and SUPPORT us.
108 total views, 3 views today