1..Consider the following statement regarding unemployment:
- Structural employment occurs when demand for labour falls short to supply of labour due to rapidly growing population and the immobility.
- Frictional unemployment occurs due to change in the market condition.
- If a person does not contribute anything in the production process and he can be removed without affecting the productivity adversely, then it is called underemployment.
Which of the above statement is/are correct?
(b) 1 and 2 only
(c) 3 only
2..Which of the following is not a recommendation of the Tendulkar Committee on poverty line estimation?
- A shift away from calorie consumption based poverty estimation.
- A uniform poverty line basket (PLB) across rural and urban India.
- Incorporation of private expenditure on health and education while estimating poverty.
- The Committee recommended using Uniform Reference Period (URP) based estimates for estimating poverty.
Select the correct answer from the codes given below.
(a) 1, 2 and 3 only
(b) 2, 3 and 4 only
(c) 1, 3 and 4 only
(d) All of the above
3..If the unemployment rate under the Current Daily Status is higher than Usual Principal Status in a stable economy, it implies the presence of?
4..With reference to “Natural Rate of Unemployment”, consider the following statements:
- It is the level of unemployment in an economy that is just consistent with a stable rate of Inflation.
- It is the unemployment that prevails when all markets in the economy are in equilibrium.
- It is the unemployment when the economy is just at its potential.
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
5..Which of the following statements is/are true about causes of unemployment?
- Frictional unemployment is caused due to inevitable time delays, while searching for a new job and exiting from the current job.
- Classical unemployment is caused by traditional barriers of a society.
- Structural unemployment is caused by fundamental shifts in the economy wherein, there is a mismatch between the skills that workers could offer or possess with respect to the demand and requirement of the employers.
- Unemployment trap is caused by absence of required skill set in the labour force.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
759 total views, 2 views today