1..Which of the following were the reason(s) for growth of militant nationalism in the first decade of the 20th century?
- International influences such as the defeat of Russia by Japan, which demolished the myth of European superiority.
- Dissatisfaction of younger nationalists with the achievement of moderates.
- Dadabhai Naoroji’s call for Poorna Swaraj at the 1906 Congress session.
(a) 1 and 2 only
2…Which of the following was/were among the weakness/es of the Ghadar Movement?
- It underestimated the extent and amount of preparation which was necessary.
- They underestimated the strength of British in India.
- It was non-egalitarian.
- Its organizational structure was almost non-existent.
Select the correct answer using the code given below.
3… Which of the following is not correct regarding the Swadeshi movement against the partition of Bengal?
4.. Arrange the following events in a chronological order:
- The partition of Bengal came into effect
- Surat Split
- Boycott resolution was passed against the partition of Bengal
- Dadabhai Naoroji announced that the goal of INC was Swaraj
Select the correct answer using the codes given below.
5… With reference to the Partition of Bengal consider the following statements. Which of the following statements is/are incorrect?
- The official reason given for partition of Bengal was that Bengal has become too big to be administered.
- After the partition of Bengal, Bengali speaking population was in minority in newly created province of Bengal.
- The real motive of Partition of Bengal was the British desire to make Bengal a centre of Indian nationalism.
Select the correct answer from the code given below.
(a) 1 and 3 only
(b) 2 only
(c) 3 only
(d) 2 and 3 only
605 total views, 2 views today