1.. After Independence, India adopted the first past the post system of elections. Which of the following statements are correct regarding FPTP system?
1. Voters vote for a candidate rather than a party. 2. Candidate who wins may not get the majority votes (50% + 1). 3. More than one representative may be elected from one constituency. 4. Every party gets a seat in legislature in proportion to the percentage of votes that it has got.
Select the code from following:
a) 1,2 and 3 . b) 2,3 and 4 c) 1,3 and 4 d) 1 and 2
2.. Which of the following bodies decide that which of the constituencies in India will be reserved constituencies?
a) NITI aayog
b) Election Commission
c) Delimitation Commission
d) National Commission of SC and ST
3.. Consider the following statements regarding the citizenship in India.
1. The constitution of India provides for single citizenship to all and no amendments regarding this can be made whatsoever.
2. Amendments related to citizenship in India can be made only after consulting half of the states.
3. In India no discrimination is allowed in matters related to awarding citizenship.
Choose the correct answer
a) 1 and 2 only . b) 2 and 3 only c) 2 only d) None of the above
4..Which of the following rights are enjoyed only by the citizens of India?
1. Right to vote in elections to the Lok Sabha and state legislative assembly. 2. Right to hold the office of president of India. 3. Right to contest for the membership of the Parliament and the State legislature. 4. Right to protection against arrest and detention. Choose the correct code
a) 1 and 3 only b) 1,2 and 3 only c) 1,2 and 4 only d) 2,3 and 4 only
5.. Which of the following are the grounds mentioned in the constitution for acquiring the Citizenship?
1. Citizenship by birth 2. Citizenship by descent 3. Citizenship by naturalisation 4. Citizenship by acquisition of territory
Choose the correct code from below
a) 1,2 and 3 only b) 1,2 and 4 only c) All of the above . d) None of the above