1.. During which of the following instances, a person loses his citizenship by termination?
a) When he make a declaration renouncing his Indian citizenship to the central government.
b) When he voluntarily acquires the citizenship of another country.
c) When he has obtained the citizenship by fraud.
d) When he has shown disloyalty to the Constitution of India.
2.. Suppose the parliament wants to create a new state by separating a territory from a particular state , then which of the following becomes compulsory provision in going ahead with the procedure?
1. A bill contemplating the formation of new state can be introduced in the Parliament only with the prior recommendation of the President.
2. President has to refer the bill for the creation of new state to the state legislature concerned for expressing its views within a specified period.
3. Parliament has to take the permission of the state concerned before framing a bill on the creation of new state.
Choose the correct code
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) 1 and 2 only
d) 1 and 3 only
3..Who of the following is the Head of the Government in India?
b) Prime Minister
c) Speaker of Lok Sabha
d) Chief Justice of India
4.. In which of the following situations can a President use his power of discretion?
1. To declare a National Emergency in the Country
2. To send the advice of Council of Minister back for reconsideration
3. To Pocket Veto an ordinary bill passed by the Parliament
4. To appoint the Prime Minister when there are more than one leaders contending to get the support of majority
Select the code from below:
a) 1,2 and 3
b) 2,3 and 4
c) 1,3 and 4
d) All of the above
5.. Consider the following statements:
1. Prime Minister allocates the ranks and portfolios to the Ministers
2. A person can become a Minister even when he/she is not a Member of Parliament.
Which of the above statements are correct?
a) 1 only
b) 2 only
c) Both 1 and 2
d) Neither 1 nor 2
1,153 total views, 3 views today
Please follow and like us:
- Prelims-IAS –POLITY MCQ Ans -23
- Prelims-IAS –POLITY MCQ Ans -24
You May Also Like
error: Content is protected !!