1. Which of the following powers is/are enjoyed by Prime Minister in relation to the Parliament? 1. He can dissolve the Lok Sabha at anytime. 2. The President summons and prorogues sessions of the Parliament on his advice.
Select the correct answer using the code given below. (a) 1 only (b) 2 only (c) Both 1 and 2 (d) Neither 1 nor 2
2. With reference to Administrative Tribunals, consider the following statements: 1. They were conferred constitutional status by 42nd Amendment Act of 1976.
2. Parliament has established a Central Administrative Tribunal to adjudicate matters related to employment under the Central Government.
3. State legislatures are empowered to establish State Administrative Tribunals to adjudicate matters related to employment under the State Government.Which of the statement given above is/are correct? (a) 1 and 2 only . (b) 2 and 3 only . (c) 1 and 3 only (d) 1, 2 and 3
3. Which of the following will necessarily occur on the resignation or death of an incumbent Prime Minister?
(a) Lok Sabha will be dissolved automatically.
(b) The Lok Sabha will elect the new Prime Minister.
(c) Council of Ministers will be dissolved automatically.
(d) The senior most leader of his party will be appointed as Prime Minister automatically.
4. Local government in India is (a) a subject under the union list. (b) a subject under the concurrent list. (c) a subject under the state list. (d) within the residuary power of the union.
5. The Model Code of Conduct comes immediately into effect:
(a) once the Election Commission announces the schedule of elections.
(b) once the notification calling electorate to elect members of a house is issued.
(c) always at the first date of the month in which elections are to be conducted.
(d) once the candidates start filing their nominations in the constituencies.