- Soil can be defined as the organic and inorganic materials on the surface of the Earth that provides the medium for plant growth.
- Inorganic materials, or those materials that are not living, include weathered rocks and minerals.
- Weathering is the mechanical or chemical process by which rocks are broken down into smaller pieces.
- As rocks are broken down, they mix with organic materials, which are those materials that originate from living organisms.
- For example, plants and animals die and decompose, releasing nutrients back into the soil.
607 total views, 2 views today
Please follow and like us: