- It is trough shaped by the force of flowing water.
- A channel may be so narrow that you can jump across it or in case of Brahmaputra river it can be as wide as 12 km.
- Scientists and geographers who study streams measure them by their cross section area (A), which depends on the width (w) and depth (d) of their channels.
- Two other key characteristics are stream velocity (V), which measures how rapidly the water is flowing in the stream and discharge (Q), which measures the volume of water per unit of time passing through a cross section of the stream at that location.
- The slope gradient (S) of the stream is also an important characteristic which defines the velocity, discharge and turbulence of the stream.
- Process of formation of drainage system
- Electronic Commerce
You May Also Like
error: Content is protected !!