- Parts of the world that have Mediterranean type of climate are characterized by warm, dry summers and cool, moist winters.
- Trees with small broad leaves are widely spaced and never very tall.
- Regions with adequate rainfall are inhabited by low broad leaved evergreen trees [mostly evergreen oaks].
- Fire is an important hazardous factor in this ecosystem and the adaptation of the plants enable them to regenerate quickly after being burnt.
- Plants are in a continuous struggle against heat, dry air, excessive evaporation and prolonged droughts.
- They are, in short xerophytic [drought tolerant], a word used to describe the drought- resistant plants in an environment deficient in moisture.
Complete your Full Environment Preparation with Us with quality knowledge as education is everyone’s right. Also complete full NCERT and UPSC-IAS Preparation . Must SHARE and SUPPORT us.
391 total views, 3 views today