- Unlike equatorial wet climate, monsoon climate is characterized by distinct wet and dry seasons associated with seasonal reversal of winds.
- Floods in wet season and droughts in dry season are common.
- Usually there are three seasons namely summer, winter and rainy season.
- Monthly mean temperatures above 18 °C.
- Temperatures range from 30-45° C in summer.
- In winters, temperature range is 15-30° C with mean temperature around 20-25° C.
- Annual mean rainfall ranges from 200-
- 250 cm. In some regions it is around 350 cm.
- Places like Cherrapunji & Mawsynram receive an annual rainfall of about 1000 cm.
Tropical Monsoon Forests
Also known as drought-deciduous
forest; dry forest; dry-deciduous forest; tropical deciduous forest.
Teak, neem, bamboos, sal, shisham, sandalwood, khair, mulberry are some of the important species found here.
Complete your Full Environment Preparation with Us with quality knowledge as education is everyone’s right. Also complete full NCERT and UPSC-IAS Preparation . Must SHARE and SUPPORT us.
1,498 total views, 3 views today