On the basis of mode of occurrence, the rainfall can be classified into three categories:
- it occurs in the areas of intense heat and abundant moisture.
- Solar radiation is the main source of heat to produce convectional currents in air.
- The belt of doldrums and equatorial region generally records this type of rainfall.
- This type of rainfall is not much effective for crops as most of the water is drained off in the form of surface drainage.
- This type of rainfall occurs from vertical uplift of an air stream by the topographic barriers.
- This type of rainfall occurs on the windward side of the mountain ranges.
- On windward side also the amount of rainfall starts decreasing after certain height.
Cyclonic or frontal rainfall:
- cyclonic rainfall occurs when deep and extensive air masses converge and move upward which lead to their adiabatic cooling.
415 total views, 4 views today
Please follow and like us: